Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ratangad trek

After completion of Ratangad trek I could not resists to write mail to Vikrant because i did some treks because of him only

See my mail and reply from him



In last week end I did Ratangad trek with trekking group in pune . Akshat and Pooja were with me

It was amazing experience

We started trekking at 4.pm in the evening it was raining like cats and dogs

Do u know ladders over der in Rantangad we reached der at 7 p.m

It was raining ,wind was blowing like a hell meanwhile I lost my spec’s

I was so scared , first I thought why the hell I have come to this trek?

Then after climbing the two ladders we reached to that rocking patch, I thought gosh finally I reached .

One of the volunteers said take a left turn you will reach to caves . So I took a wrong left turn so me along with 20 people end of with top of the Ratangad called nadhi or so

We were der for 1 hour as nobody was aware of where were we or what to do ? We did not had any torch .It was fuc*ing cold We were screaming

Finally some guys see light in other side so by holding each other’s hand we reached at caves at 9 pm

After reaching der we realized we do not have any dry clothes J

So in all night I was thinking tomorrow how I gonna climb down :D

Finally in the morning I asked trek organizer you said its not difficult trek .

He replied oh I am doing this trek for the fifth time and first time he is having such kind of experience

After hearing this I remember you .

Kretraj –Singgad zalyawar pan tu asach manala hotas J

So finally I completed this trek

Hope u have not bored while reading this




His reply



Hahahha....

After reading your email, I could not hold on even for a sec to reply it back. Normally I don't reply emails in time but this time I just could not avoid my temptation.

Wonderful mate. It's nice. Yes Ratangad is one of the most beautiful forts for trekking and one of the most interesting ones. Yes the ladders add extra thrill to it. And especially in monsoon, you can not compare it's beauty even with that of Scotland. Believe me.

Well, getting lost on treks is quite common. I have been to Ratangad thrice. But if you ask me to go there again, I will have to struggle to reach the top as I am very good at getting lost. You have experienced it very well with me. Don't worry. Getting lost just added to pleasure of the trek. Believe me. You enjoyed it more because you got lost, you got drenched and you had no extra pair of clothes. All these small 'detours' add extra spices to the success of the trek.

And I am so happy to realize that you have started trekking in full throttle. I did it when I was in school. But doesn't matter. Age/Time make no difference. The only thing you should remember is you have to enjoy. And WITHOUT destroying the nature around. The more you trek, more you will become organized about it.

So which is the next one? Try Chanderi and Mhasmaal. Moderate treks close from Karjat. They are very beautiful ones especially in monsoon.

And the real reason for replying back your email so eagerly is - I AM F****ING JEALOUS OF YOU. I started climbing Alps in Switzerland and France in last few months. But I continue to miss the Sahyadris. I love Sahyadri more than anything else in this world. You realize it only when you go away from it. And everytime I go out of country, the attraction becomes even more fatal. I am sure my love for the rocky mountains would always bring me back to them.

Keep it up. I am tuned to listen more blogs from you about new treks.

Cheers,
Vik



1 comment:

Hiten Sethaliya said...

I swear Aanya.. u hve become a hard core blog writter and you have started writing more better.

I must admit you are wonderful person and always ready for challenges. I would love to see how you handle a challege to get a girlfriend. But I no wonder you wont... surely you will... :)...

Keep N'joyin de life till fUlLeSt...

Hitz.